I wrote this on 1 April 2010, but evidently never pressed the Publish button. We apologize for the delay...
Wonder who designed it?
This is pretty effusive praise from Jason. which intrigued me. So, I wrote to Kimberly Jackson, who along with her brother Trent, owns the winery and asked. She told me that it was designed by Nicholas Masias.
I also asked Jason what he liked so much about it:
What's not to like?
- It's very easy to figure out where to get their wines, both online and in restaurants.
- It focuses on the bottle/label, helping you to identify the wine "in the wild".
- They show the bottle in an "active" state- the cork is open, some of it has been drunk, there are cookies next to it - as if you've already engaged with the bottle.
- It's memorable, and unique, and beautifully laid out. Bonehead simple, airy and open. It looks like no other wine site I'm aware of.
- Contact information is easily found.
I mostly agree, except for #5 (you have to scroll down to the very bottom to find the contact information, which IMHO should be at the top of the page for quick reference when using the Web as a phone book).