There's been a lot of talk about what constitutes a conflict of interest for wine bloggers and wine writers (and now I'm contributing to it ).
- Amateur vs. professional: is this the key question we should be asking about bloggers vs. journalists?
- Conflating conflict of interest and disclosure (aren’t these two different things?)
- What constitutes payment (cash vs. in kind) and when is it appropriate or required for blogger reviews?
- Credibility: if I tweet that I love Zappos do readers assume the online retailer is "paying" me (in shoes or money) to say that?
- Finally, is it editorial, advertorial - or something in between - if a blogger is paid (in cash or in kind) to write about it?