I have a Google Alert for the phrase winery web site, and it turns up things like this post, which includes the following comment:
Bonus points: this is probably the most useless winery Web site I've ever seen. Check it out!
The Web site in question? Daniel Le Brun, "one of New Zealand's most respected Methode Traditionnelle wines."
- It doesn't tell people who want to buy the wine where they can find it, other than "most wine
retailers, supermarkets and a selection of restaurants throughout New Zealand." It would be nice to have a little more detail.
- It doesn't offer the opportunity to buy their wine online. What, they don't like more margin? Do the Kiwis place some restriction on online wine sales?
- It doesn't have full contact information.
- It doesn't have anything for the media who might be interested in writing or blogging about Daniel Le Brun sparklers.
- It doesn't have any consumer-oriented information about the wines they sell.
- People who want to buy your wine right now (buyers)
- People who want more information about your wine or winery (browsers)
- People who want to sell your wine (the trade)
- People who want to tell a story about your wines or winery (the media)