Want to know when someone mentions your winery online? It's easy, and it's free. Just set up a Google Alert.
- Go to the Google Alerts home page. You'll see a box titled "Create a Google Alert" at the right.
- Fill in the name of your winery in the Search Terms box. For best results, enclose the name of your winery in double-quotes (e.g. "acme winery").
- Leave the Type drop-down box set to "Comprehensive", which will search news, blogs, and the Web (although you can select to get alerts based on any one of News, Blogs, Web, Video, or Groups).
- Choose How often you'd like to receive your alert (I'd recommend leaving it set to "once a day").
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Click "Create Alert".
- Wait for the confirmation e-mail and click on the enclosed link to verify your alert (otherwise, nothing will happen).
Now anytime your winery name turns up in the top search results for news, blogs, or the Web, you'll receive an e-mail.
What are you waiting for?
(Update: I modified #2 above, since putting acme winery in double-quotes makes Google search for the word acme followed immediately by the word winery, which is really what you want. You may want to set up different alerts for common alternatives, e.g. Acme Winery, Acme Vineyards, Acme Winery and Vineyards, Acme Wines, etc.)