- How many people visited your Web site in March?
- How many different (unique) people visited your Web site in March?
- How many of them were new visitors?
- How many of them were repeat visitors?
- How many of them took some action (phone call, order, signed up for e-mail) based on their visit?
- E-Commerce sites only: Total value of orders placed on your site.
- How does this compare with a month ago? For the past three months?
- What is the most-frequent entry page on your Web site (i.e. where do people usually start their visit)?
- What is the most-viewed page on your Web site?
- What is the most popular search term for visitors referred to your site by search engines?
These are very basic questions which you must be able to answer about your site. Why? Because the answers to these questions show how well your site is functioning, and the biggest opportunities to improve it.