There are wineries in every single state in the US. The top ten are:
- New York
And California, with over 1100 wineries, has more than the next 12 states combined!
States with the fewest wineries? Delaware, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. Each has two that we know of.
Remember, 50 wineries out of over 2,700 account for 95% of the wine produced in the US. The other 2,650 or so share the other 5% (source: Free The Grapes)
One of the fun things about creating The Winery Web Site Report is the obscure and fascinating factoids it generates. Alaskan wineries? Yup.